How to Install the Video Downloader for Firefox
An add-on is a piece of software which enhances the functionality of your browser, the same way apps enrich your phone. They’re available for various browsers such as Chrome, Safari, IE, and of course, Mozilla Firefox.
So, to use such add-ons to download YouTube videos, Firefox users must go to the Mozilla Firefox Add-ons site and install the necessary extension. Here’s how to do so:
- Open the Mozilla Firefox browser on your laptop.
- Click on the 3-bar menu (the ‘hamburger icon’ located in the upper right corner).
- Select the Add-ons option from the list - it will open the Firefox Add-ons Manager window.
There is also Firefox keyboard shortcut that you can use: ⌘ + Shift + a on a Mac, or Ctrl + Shift + a if you’re using Windows or Linux.
- In the Add-ons Manager Search bar, perform a search using youtube downloader' in the Find more add-ons field.
- Your search results will be listed in a new tab.
- Select your preferred video downloader. A good tip would be to look at the overall ratings of each add-on before you proceed with the download.
- Click on the add-on to open its details page.
- Click on the + Add to Firefox button. The add-on will be downloaded and a Software Installation window will appear.
- To install the extension, click the Add button.
Your new add-on will be visible in the Add-ons Manager window under the Extensions tab. You can then control your extensions by enabling, disabling or removing them altogether.