Airy – The Best YouTube Private Video Downloader For Mac
Not only is there the option to watch videos that other people upload to YouTube, but you also have the option to make, share, and keep your own videos on the platform. There are lots of times that we will upload our videos to YouTube and then delete it from our device, essentially using YouTube as a backup service. But what if there was a reason that we need the video back on our devices? Uploading to YouTube is much easier than downloading, even when it comes to your own videos. There are a lot of online YouTube private video downloader for Mac apps on the market, but most of them aren’t worth your time. This is because they are unable to even get access to the videos. Not every Mac app to download private videos from YouTube is worth it either. One tested and proven method to download private videos from YouTube to Mac is Airy for Mac OS X.
Discover how to Download Private Video on Mac
Airy is a powerful little app designed to download videos from YouTube, including private videos. Here’s how you can download private videos from YouTube using Airy:
- Download and install the Airy app.
- Copy the link of a YouTube private video into the app.
- Airy will then ask for the username and password associated with the video.
Note that you can get access to private videos through an invitation from the original owner if it isn’t you.
- Choose the format and resolution for the video.
- Click on the “Download” button and wait for the download to finish.
The great thing about Airy is that it can do so much more than download YouTube private videos on Mac. It’s also able to:
- Download YouTube playlists;
- Download entire YouTube channels;
- Download multiple videos simultaneously;
- Extract MP3 from a YouTube video for downloading songs;
- Download HD and Full HD videos from YouTube.
Here are some of the reasons that you might be unable to see or download the private video from YouTube:
- You need a YouTube account and to be signed into the account to watch private videos.
- You need to sign into the account that the video was uploaded by/shared with.
- Private videos don’t appear publicly in a channel page. You will need a direct link to access the video.
Version 3.7.205 (18th Jan, 2019) Release notes