Discover how to make iPhone ringtone from YouTube on Mac
iPhones are all over the place. If you’ve got a standard ringtone you can never tell if it’s your phone that’s ringing or someone else’s. Wouldn’t it be amazing to be able to make an iPhone ringtone from YouTube on Mac? With all of the great YouTube videos there are, you’ve no doubt come across something you think would make an excellent ringtone.
YouTube is the perfect choice for creating an iPhone ringtone as it has all the greatest music videos, audio books, inspiration and motivational talks, and anything else you could want to turn into a ringtone. It’s all right there. All you need is a way to create iPhone ringtone from YouTube on Mac. You need a YouTube to iPhone ringtone converter on Mac.
Use Airy to Convert YouTube to iPhone Ringtone on Mac
Airy is the best solution when you’re wondering how to make iPhone ringtones from YouTube on Mac. Here is the simple process you need to follow to convert YouTube to iPhone ringtone with Mac.
- Download and install the Airy program on to your Mac computer. This page has the download link you need. Installing the app is the same as installing any other app on Mac.
- The MP3 will be downloaded and saved in the Airy folder in your Downloads folder. Click on the Finder button by the filename in Airy to be shown the file in Finder.
- Add your new MP3 file to iTunes.
- Right-click the file in iTunes and choose “Get Info” to find the file properties.
- Rom here you are able to customize the length of your ringtone/text tone/alert. Open up the “options” tab and choose the “Start” and “Stop” time, setting them to the portion of the music file you want. This is important as ringtones on iPhones can’t be longer than 40 seconds.
- Right-click the song again and choose “Create AAC Version”. This makes iTunes create an M4A version of the file that will show up in your music library.
- Change the M4A file extension to M4R. Once this is done, drag the file from the original folder and place it on the desktop.
- Open iTunes again and delete the AAC version you made earlier to keep your library clean from duplicates.
- Connect the iPhone to your Mac and open up iTunes. Click on the three dots by the phone icon and choose Tones from the menu.
- Drag your new M4R file into the tones section.
- Click the iPhone icon and then click Tones > Sync Tones > Selected Tones > and choose your new tone. Then sync your iPhone.
- Open up the settings on your phone, choose sounds, choose ringtones, and then choose your brand new ringtone.
It’s as simple as that! This is how you can take a video from YouTube and convert it into an iPhone ringtone to truly customize your phone and stand out from the crowd.
Version 3.7.205 (18th Jan, 2019) Release notes