Discover how to record music from YouTube on Mac
YouTube has gone from being the most popular video hosting website on the internet to also being packed full of music. Every genre of music can be found on YouTube, from the latest chart-toppers to contemporary music from across the world. Artists and musicians themselves tend to upload their latest songs on YouTube before actually crafting an official music video for them. So you can understand the power of YouTube when it comes to music.
We completely understand the people out there who want to be able to record the sound from a YouTube video without having to download the video itself. After all, the audio has a smaller file size and you want to listen to it on an iPod or MP3 player. To help you get your favorite music, we’ve put together this list of the very best ways to download sound from YouTube on Mac. Keep on reading to see which sound downloader for YouTube on Mac would be best for you.
Airy - the best app to record audio from YouTube on Mac
Airy has been specifically designed for downloading videos from YouTube and saving them on to a Mac. This simple and straightforward application works effortlessly on Mac OS Sierra and can be integrated directly into browsers. Not to mention it’s completely ad-free.
With the Airy sound downloader for YouTube Mac you’ll have the option to choose the video resolution you want; downloading videos in MP3, MP4, and 3GP. The program also allows you to download as many YouTube videos as you want at once in a batch, including private videos that require user verification.
That Airy can download videos in different formats and qualities means that your finished download will be compatible with iPhone, iPhone, iPad, and MP3 players.
It’s so simple to use Airy as well. All you have to do is:
- Visit the Eltima Software website and download Airy.
- Activate the program after installing it. The free version allows you to download two videos. You’ll have to get the PRO version to download more.
- Open up the YouTube video that you want to download and copy the URL of the video, playlist, or channel into Airy.
- Choose your preferred format from the drop-down menu to choose between saving the video as a video or audio file. Choose MP3 to download just the audio from a video. Keep in mind that, while Airy can download multiple videos, doing this is likely to take longer.
- Click on the Download button to record YouTube sound on Mac.
Airy has a lot of other features users might enjoy, including:
- Being able to download a whole YouTube playlist in video or audio format;
- Being able to download an entire YouTube channel;
- Downloading private videos from YouTube;
- Bulk downloading videos;
- Being able to download private videos from YouTube in bulk.
Elmedia Player Pro
Not only does Elmedia Player work as a great way to download audio from YouTube on Mac, it’s also a powerful media player. Much like iTunes, Elmedia Player allows you to create, edit, and delete media playlists. It offers the kind of performance, support, and stability that demanding users need and works with just about any file type.
The Pro version of Elmedia Player has even more to offer. Elmedia Pro allows you to download videos from popular video sharing sites like Dailymotion, Metacafe, Vimeo, Facebook, and more. It is able to download videos, playlists, and even an entire channel from YouTube. It also extracts audio from video and saves subtitles alongside videos directly to computers.
Follow this simple process to download audio from YouTube with Elmedia Player Pro:
- Start by downloading Elmedia Player and upgrading it to the Pro version using an activation code purchased from the official website.
- Open the Elmedia main menu and turn on browser mode.
- Enter a YouTube URL and press “Enter”.
- Choose the video you want to extract the audio from in the list underneath the video.
- Open up the audio tab and choose the audio format you want to save the file as.
- The sound files you choose are automatically saved to the Downloads folder. You can change this default download location through the preferences in Elmedia.
Folx comes with an elegant user-friendly interface. It offers the best of both worlds by being a free download manager as well as a simple torrent client for Mac OS.
The free version of Folx does come with a lot of useful features, but it’s worth upgrading to Folx Pro and unlocking the full potential of this powerful app. That includes downloading audio from YouTube videos.
Here is the simple process for downloading sound from YouTube on Mac with Folx:
- Start by downloading Folx straight from the developers’ website and activating the PRO version. You can get a license code sent to you via email by purchasing one through the website.
- Copy and paste the YouTube link into Folx and click Enter.
- Customize the settings for the download;
- Choose a tag for the download.
- Choose MP3 to only download the sound.
- Click on OK to complete the task and wait for the download to complete.
Version 3.7.205 (18th Jan, 2019) Release notes